Margaret Sheppard's Easy Apple Slice
Just like the footwear business, the recipe for Margaret Sheppard's Easy Apple Slice spans several generations. It is quick, delicious and will hopefully bring some sweetness into your home while COVID-19 restrictions are in place.
MARGARET SHEPPARD'S EASY APPLE SLICE
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup of caster sugar
- 3 Granny Smith apples peeled, cored and diced into 1cm pieces
- 125g butter
- 1 egg
- Toss prepared apples with the flour flour and sugar in mixing bowl
- Melt the butter in a saucepan
- Once cooled, stir in the egg
- Pour the butter and egg into apple mixture and mix until combined
- Spoon into greased and lined slice tin and sprinkle with cinnamon
- Bake at 180 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until top is golden
For more isolation-inspired articles, ensure you check out our blog here.